Saturday, April 20, 2013

Modern Style with a Twist of Vintage

 Let me explain.  I have this modern trendy top with a great spandex floral printed shirt.  I wanted to pair this outfit with a great accessory that would not take away from the outfit.  Well here is what Kat came up with.  I put this vintage cigar purse with this great modern top and skirt.  

I love the warm weather here in Virginia and now I get to show off my bright colored taste.  The top was bought at Love Couture for $12.00 and the floral skirt was purchased at Forever 21 for under $10.00.  Now we all now that I am 48 (soon to be 49 in June) and I see so many young women wearing this trendy style.  I came to prove to all women that we mature lady's over 40 can rock this style just as well.  I don't know about you, but SHE wants to stay sexy and young for as long as SHE can.

LIFE AS A THRIFTYGURL

Floral spandex skirt

Stylish top

Front of bag

Back of bag

2 comments:

  1. I live in VA too and am over 45 :) I LOVE fashion!! The best accessory is being fit, which you are, because then almost everything looks good on you! Good job!! I follow you on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and following me on instagram. I really do think that women over 40 get a raw deal when it comes to fashion. I have always been one to want to keep up with fashion and now I have the chance to share it with the world.

      Delete