Thursday, January 31, 2013

That Little Black Dress with a Twist

The little black dress is a staple in any women's wardrobe.  I really like the little black dress because you can wear it over and over again and make it look different every time.  I didn't really put to many accessories with this dress in this picture but as you can see with the other picture, I put a vintage 1960's canary yellow coat over it.  I also wanted to dress to pop a little in both pictures with my shoes.  The shoes I bought from DSW.  The were around $20.00.  I'm not a shoe person, no matter how bad I want to be Carrie from Sex In The City. 
 
I don't get any pleasure out of seeing a pair of amazing shoes and wanting to have them.  I grew up in the country and we walked bare footed all the time.  But if you know anything about fashion, shoes are the soul to making an outfit pop.  I do have some great shoes that I want to feature, so I'll have to look into being a little more Carrie like.  OK so back to the little black dress thing.  This dress is very appropriate for my age and my look.  I maybe should have put my hair up, but I wanted a more sexy look.  I do agree that the look with the jacket I differently should have had my hair up, but again I wanted to make the look a little more casual.  Enjoy
 
LIFE AS A THRIFTYGURL





No comments:

Post a Comment